Friday, April 25, 2014

Viki



"I knew this was the end. I wished it was not."

Viki re-read the last lines. She had reached the conclusion, but like life, it was vague.

"Hey, have you read 'Viki's Story'?" she heard someone say.

"Yes. Total crap. Don't know what the author was thinking," pat came the reply.

Viki stifled a sob. Was it only the writer's failure, or would she also be blamed for her incompetence as the protagonist of the novel? The author would get another chance, but the character? Never.

"I knew this was the end. I wished it was not," she sighed.


This 99 word fiction is shared with Blogging from A to Z April Challenge - V.



17 comments:

  1. Aah I wished it was not too..how true is that..the character would never get another chance..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... and that's why I have no copyright on my stuff ... smiles ... so much easier to erase and write new ... or disappear all together, if I wanted to ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freedom of character should always be kept in mind :-)

      Delete
  3. You are brilliant, Amrit! BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written Amrit, the character is as good as the writer's imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amrit this an awesome story. The character is unique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now how could have anyone thought of it that way. The author gets another chance but not the character! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you even come up with these thoughts !! Awesome one.. "The author gets another chance but not the character! Never" - Sheer Brilliance Amrit

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cab empathize with the character.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let your character come and visit the uninterrupted middle class family that you are familiar with ;p

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really liked two lines here:

    "She had reached the conclusion, but like life, it was vague."

    "The author would get another chance, but the character? Never."

    Rings true. :)

    ReplyDelete