Thursday, April 11, 2019

Origin

I am participating in National Poetry Writing Month 2019. 30 Poems in 30 Days is the target.

The Day 11 Prompt for #NaPoWriMo is to write a poem of origin. I pondered over the idea for a while. Our origin is our identity. It defines who we are and how we are. But isn't this definition changing with time? We grow and adapt ourselves to various situations, walking on various paths. Origin, I feel, is evolution, as in we are creating ourselves every single day.



down the laid back streets
sprinkled in dusts that shine
trying to figure out the traces
I take one step at a time

these roads have been walked before
there are footprints all around
some big, few small, rest all vague
my path urges me to a distant mound

there're perhaps a thousand leaves
bunched together as a brownish lot
rummaging through the pile, I discover
the mound is not what I had thought

the leaves are but a diary
they are the pages from my past
listed are my ups and downs
how I tripped, and yet I did last

there are leaves that drip with tears
oh, how those days now appear so near
some in the pile highlight my mistakes
and how I crossed my share of fears

in a corner I see a greener bunch
the leaves looking fresh and bare
no, they hold no marks, nor any stories
it is upon me to fill those layers

where would I go, what is my 'next'
I have been evolving every since
we are born not just once
each passing day is our new origin



Shared with


2 comments:

  1. Its very beautiful my friend. Everyday we learn something new when we catch a breath from daily rind of our lives, I suppose. Cheers, Ruby

    ReplyDelete