Sunday, October 14, 2012

Detour

(Image Source: http://craziestgadgets.com)


The journey was taking longer than usual; at least that's what they felt, and observed, as the ship swerved across bravely in a midst of gigantic rocks and asteroids swarming the vast ocean.

"We don't have much time; the meeting is scheduled to start in an hour. What's taking us so long?"

"There is a huge traffic jam ahead caused by the innumerable satellites of these stupid Earthlings. Perhaps, we should take a detour through the next wormhole in order to reach Mars quickly."


This 5 Sentence Fiction is shared with Five Sentence Fiction and the Prompt is Detour.




22 comments:

  1. Wow, you really met these alien guys? ha ha,
    this looks amazingly real! I love it. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ... I am bad with stories .... but thanks for liking it :-)

      Delete
  2. I liked it. And the word EARTHLINGS!! Really cute. You've done justice to the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aliens? never thought they also suffer from traffic jam. lol

    just me,
    www.phioxee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps you should ask them the next time ... lol :-)

      Delete
  4. haha..hope this happens. Earth ruled by the earthlings would be so much better :)
    Fantastic, Speck..

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't know what to expect more...:)
    good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the thought of all our debis ect causing traffic jams in space - I suspect aliens of getting their own back by infiltrating our local county council and putting road works everywhere ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I thought LA traffic was bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you know there are worse conditions :-P

      Delete
  8. Damn Earthlings. Our reputation as the riff-raff of the Universe is known far and wide. Fun piece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome!!
    How did you come up with such a convincing short and sweet story???

    WOW! I enjoyed it. Full feeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Aravind ... When I wrote this I thought it was totally crap, but so many beautiful comments really motivated me :-)

      Delete
  10. Space debris...you made me smile with this one! I could imagine their annoyance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah ... space travel would be irritating too :-P

      Delete