Monday, February 25, 2013

Abandoned

(Image Source: http://lilliemcferrin.com)


"Truth or dare?" they asked in chorus, the wicked smile playing on their faces.

"Dare!" I replied, exuding plastic confidence.

Rahul, the self-proclaimed king of bravery, set the task, "What do you say, buddy, about a night trip down the abandoned bridge, all by yourself?"

Sweat beads trickled down my forehead as I remembered our adventure, rather our mis-adventure, last October, when I, along with Rahul and Suresh, had gone down the abandoned railroad bridge late at night in search of the source of the mysterious howls that wailed across the horizon as soon as the clock struck twelve.

I took a deep breath and gulped, "Agreed."


This 5 Sentence Fiction is shared with Five Sentence Fiction - Abandoned.






29 comments:

  1. What a scary dare! You can certainly expand upon this tale. It has a suspenseful ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one! You really captured the feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no way I would cross that bridge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...i'm a mythical sleuth and mysteries are my thing... get me there & i'll speak you the language they'll share into my ears... ha, ghost hunting is quite fun ye know but not at all times... hehe... smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your writer was a brave soul. Foolhardy too!
    No way would I go out there at night, even to
    a nice new bridge.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's scaryyyy :(
    By the way, nice composition. You justified the theme properly.
    Visiting your blog after a long time and I am loving the changes made in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sayantini ... it's always a pleasure to receive your encouragement :-)

      Delete
  7. Racing heartbeats thump loudly in your lines . Flawless depiction of the scary meddling scenario !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wondering wat happend next...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder what exactly happened the last time they went. I have a feeling it won't be as fun as this time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful take on the theme. Your 55-ers are brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's always safety in numbers. However, this time is totally different; this time there's no telling what will happen. It's a "crap shoot". It's like playing "Russian Roulette", not knowing what will happen when you pull the trigger. Will this time be the time that the bullet will deliver its final blow, will this time be the last time the bridge will be able to support any additional before its existence will come to an end by some unsuspecting lone soul who has decided to take his life into his own hands by walking across it, or by pulling the trigger one more time.

    As you can see by my comment, your response to Lillie's prompt has been quite thought provoking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made by day Robin ... thanks so much :-)

      Delete
  12. Keen to know what happened last time...deep breath and gulp!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could hear that gulp as he agreed. Well done.

    ReplyDelete