Friday, February 15, 2013

Cherish




I cherished the sunset as you hid the flowers behind your teenage frame, enticing me to the scent of the blooming reds.

However, over the years, I couldn't feel the same aromatic essence of roses; perhaps I missed the scent of your freshly bathed body, the wet hair sticking out from under your cap, lurking somewhere in the distant corner.

I look at the sun today and it's hidden behind the clouds, of shame, despair and loss.

Ten years without you and the world has started rotating without me; can't you see how much I yearn for you?

I muster grit and dial his number.


This 5 Sentence Micro-Fiction is shared with Five Sentence Fiction and he Prompt is Cherish.






29 comments:

  1. A person once cherished is never forgotten! Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopeless romanticism always shines through in your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drenched in love, deeply, madly, badly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you really shouldn't have mentioned about the five sentence thing! because this is complete in itself!!! As it turns out, it has a weird co-incidence with what I feel right now... Well written man...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully told tale. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect for the season of the Valentine! I drove my teenage grandson to his (first) girlfriend's home yesterday afternoon. Chocolates and stuffed animal in hand. My heart burst with so many emotions ... pride, yearning for life to treat him kindly ... love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow ... a great grandson and her grandmom :-)

      Delete
  7. How elegantly you captured the emotional complexity in just a few sentences, Speck. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply fabulous!! The image and the lines capture the flavor of the season so beautifully that one does not realize its micro-fiction...

    ReplyDelete
  9. whose number?
    You write some amazing stuffs!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was extremely romantic ! elegance dripping from each line . I guess poets write fiction better . There is an added charm to a poet's words , i feel . loved this one ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your fictions inspire me to write Maliny ... I just love your stories !!!

      Delete
  11. How heartbreaking it is to lose the one you love. Very good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So heartbreaking and sad; even after ten years, her pain is as if it was yesterday.Beautifully descriptive and I love the use of the picture. Lovely writing. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. We never really forget true loves...always wondering... Great piece!

    ReplyDelete