Monday, October 20, 2014

Tales Of Bliss



books, designed on the shelf
to be read, worshiped
and cherished

awestruck
I wonder at the marvel
how these gems are penned
by mortals who rise above the rest
their words resonating deep and wide
across timeless horizons, over pink clouds

I pray
and I wish
to imbibe these values
of greatness beyond boundaries

someday, perhaps a few words
from my dusty pages
would rain 

and I shall sleep in peace
carrying a hope
and tales of bliss


This Poem is shared with




28 comments:

  1. Great authors still reside in their works! such is the magic of creation! Lovely poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So we'll written... An honest piece of art Amrit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my books ... not kindle electronic books and such, but ... books ... they are like old friends ... Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful description of my wonderful friends, dusty, worn, or brand new,with that never-read smell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great tribute to great literature. I also like your desire to be immortalized within books as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent~A wonderful poetic response to the pictorial prompt~ Very well written ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder the same. All the time.
    Good one

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the privilege of working at a library. It is wonderful! Loved this Amrit! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a bliss to read your work indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much to contemplate within books! It would be wonderful if we could internalize and live all we learn as we read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice lines. This is the second post of your that I am visiting.I like your style.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "across timeless horizons," Well penned poem.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you've spoken for all aspiring writers

    ReplyDelete