Thursday, January 09, 2014

A Drink My Drink



a drink, my drink
o' let me sink
I can't write tonight
'cause words don't blink

perfect in purple
and a lime of green
a drink, o' drink
satiate my thirst, now so keen

a barrage of doubts
creep in my den
maggots and roaches
grab hold of my pen
I lay down in the basket
truth seems so insane
dusts trap me in its web
and tears start to rain

I taste of memories and prison alike
hunted by the wolves, and thunder-strike
I know not my name, shit, am ashamed
racing away to nowhere, on once faithful bike

peace and sorrow
hand in hand
is this my destiny
but, wait, am yet to land

a drink, my drink
o let me sink
I ain't talking tonight
'cause words never think



This Poem is shared with






18 comments:

  1. Loved the words... The flow... and the feel...
    Tasty drink I would say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us drink together!!
    loved the lines!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful composition, Emerald and that too in a unique way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. write - about everything! even doubts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your words return (although your words above speak loudly) - let's drink to it!
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this and the metaphors sprinkled throughout. Hope your 2014 is going very well thus far Amrit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Keith :-) Hope you too are having a great year :-)

      Delete
  7. Now i can say it with pride that YOU can write about almost anything and that too in wonderful manner :)
    CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means a lot to me buddy ... thank u :-)

      Delete
  8. Simply wonderful, Amrit. I drink with you!

    ReplyDelete