Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Study Study Study

"Study hard now so that you can get into a good college." - was what my elders used to say.

I was in school then. I trusted their words. I studied hard.

"Study hard now so that you can have a good career." - my elders said again.

I was in college. I re-trusted their words. I studied harder.

"Study hard now so that you can get a better career." - my elders said, again.

Trust your elders, but never about studies. I always believed that studies would be over after I leave college, there would be no memorizing of notes, nor any solving of numerical problems.

And heck, I was wrong. Studies never leave. They go on and on and on, like an unending jet of stream.

I do not know who coined the terminology 'Higher Studies.' If there is 'Higher', shouldn't there be a 'Highest' as well? But no, the guy who coined this term probably didn't pay much attention to his grammar classes in school, thus missing out on the importance of Degree of Comparison.

The level of studies go higher from just "Studies" to "Higher Studies", but there isn't anything called "Highest Studies." In short, you have to study and study and study, till probably death do us, err I mean, you and studies, apart.

Speaking of studies, I am glad that my examinations are finally over. There will be a new bunch of devils shortly within a few months, but till then, I can just relax and do my bit.

And here goes the bits:

1. Read till my eyes quake: I intend to read quite a bunch of novels that are lying in my shelf. Prioritising them, I came across this reading order: Gone With The Wind, Immortals of Meluha, The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest and Midnight's Children. There are more, but first let me wrap up these.

2. Write till my fingers break: I will be as regular here as I have always been, aiming to pen down, or key up (whatever you prefer) at least one post a day (it may be stupid sometimes, so please forgive me and do come back for the subsequent posts).

3. Stories that I plan to make: This is one activity I am looking forward to, writing short stories (with really short chapters, so that you don't need to read at a stretch) in this blog. As always, I am relying on your valuable feedback so that I can improve further.

4. Photographs that will not shake: I am not a good photographer, and I do not know the intricacies of clicking quality pictures. However, I will try to be better in it, and hope to learn some new tricks with my mobile camera (5 MP is enough for a beginner, I guess).

Speaking of photography, here is one that I had clicked with my 2 MP camera (old cell phone). The image isn't sharp, but it shows the unity between birds of different colors. Why can't humans be the same, and forget division due to race, religion, caste and creed?



Thus said, hope you all would continue to love and read my writings as you have always done. It's your constant guidance that motivates me to write :-)

Thanks for being there.

Have a great day, and live your life :-)

20 comments:

  1. Photo is well done ~ and I agree with your words ~

    just some thoughts ~ 'Formal Education' is developing knowledge ~ and journeying and living your life hopefully brings 'wisdom' ~ 'Be where your feet are' ~ You are being 'enlightened' each moment. namaste, ^_^ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. Formal education is about growing your knowledge. And studies show us the direction. But wouldn't it be better without exams? :-)

      Thanx 4 visiting. Your suggestion helps, always.

      Namaste :-)

      Delete
  2. Awesome blog! loved it. new to blogger's world loved reading your latest blog post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thnx Anonymous.evn I m jst a mnth old.welcome 2 blogger.hope u wl hv a gr8 tym 2 :-)

      Delete
  3. I finished up reading Gone With The Wind early this summer. And as far as what the post initially talked about. Education. Even though I don't quite agree but still I.. kind of.. agree! But well, things get easier if you're a wee bit regular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Education is a confusing topic :-) But then again, it should be meant for knowledge enhancement and not for pressurizing the minds :-)

      Thanks for visiting :-)

      Delete
  4. The post shows ur eagerness and trying ability.. i respect it alot,, start from mobile pics,, and i wish, one day u will hold a DSLR..:) god bless u kid..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love trying new things... why not experiment with stuffs when the means are there ;-)

      Thanks for checking my blog :-)

      Delete
  5. Oh wow! you need a standing ovation! Not kidding, am serious, I was hooked on! The thing about studies, well I too thought the same, why isn't there any highest study? lol! You are right, maybe the guy was kinda weak in grammar, so he missed this point! and the things you promised to do, that sounded great, and photography is something that you should concentrate to, you are a good photographer, you don't need a DSLR to be a photographer, you need talent, which you already have, so just concentrate on it! Will be waiting for the short stories, especially spooky ones! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dark Angel.... Life would have been so easier had there been a highest study, so that we knew till where we need to go, but then again, there wouldn't have been any challenge in it :-)

      Regarding the photography part, will try my best. Thanks for visitng :-)

      Delete
  6. Great list! Look forward to short stories and your thoughts on Gone with the wind! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have thought of the stories but am yet to write....office and all :-(

      will defnitely start this weekend....

      Regarding Gone With The Wind, 600 pages still to go :-)

      Delete
    2. Ah, tell me about it! Office hours killing me at this end! As for Gone with the Wind - great stories are easy to read... though not sure how you'll managed with the list above and all ; ).

      Delete
    3. Gone With The Wind is realy a beautiful story ... i luv th interaction between the protagonists... The love hate relationship between Rhett & Scarlett is lovely... I wl manage the tasks somehow... Will be starting with the story soon :-)

      Delete
  7. exactly !! there's aparantly no end to studyin :/ but thank god we have vacation :D and yeh it's sucha pleasant co-incident , i plan to do the same list for my vacation , so good luck n yeh ..happy holidays :D

    http://shonazee.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not have holidays...I have office :-(

      Delete
    2. Aww....!! between have you applied for notable newbie ? if you haven't then you have to , after all you have good amount of followers and views and amazing posts :) Apply now to become a NotableNewbie at notablenewbie@blogadda.com

      Delete
    3. Ha ha ... thanks for the idea ... I didn't know about it :-)

      Let me see and apply.

      Have a great day :-)

      Delete
  8. Photos that dont shake :P :P ROFL :P and yeah, i realized it too soon that i have to study all my life. sigh. and i was exactly like this when my exams ended but i got into a humongous writer's block and couldnt write anything for ages. and now that i am completely capable for anything i feel like doing, all i do is sit glued to my comp and watch supernatural :P :P
    anyways, good luck for doing your bit :) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha...yes we can never get out of this cage of studies :P

      Regarding the writer's block, you can check my other posts on suggestion to get out of it ;-)

      And yes, enjoy the supernaturals...they gave me a thrill too...

      Thanks for reading :-)

      Delete