Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Gift Me A Wing



gift me a wing
so that I can fly
high, high and high
above all the clutter
beyond every mess
the world wouldn't mind
one inhabitant less

too much have I seen
too many places have I been
yet, the story is always the same
wars and hatred, humanity ashamed
tears lay burnt in ashes of hope
violence is insane, a drug, a dope

gift me a wing
so that I can fly
away to a world
where souls wouldn't cry
build a new tomorrow
erase the gory past
peace would prevail
and love shall forever last


This Poem is shared with





23 comments:

  1. Very well sung Amrit, moving and true

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wings to fly away from it all...I can empathize :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wings not of a superman but of a fairy to fly into an Utopia....liked the approach

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Amrit this is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously think you should start teaching how to write poetry !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why can't I write like this? Seriously, I need to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Saru.. But I've learned so much from you though.. It's always so wonderful to read your work Amrit, The King!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am tired of praising you SIR. Enough. You are quite intimidating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you sure you don't have wings already? Because you are soaring wonderfully high!.

    This clearly is a masterpiece. I'm so jealous of you, you have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you have no idea how happy this comment made me ... I am flying now :-D

      Delete
  10. A beautiful poem a beautiful prayer and song. Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful supplication, my dear.

    ReplyDelete