Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I Am Blessed

She is nothing short of an enigma, perhaps more angelic than human. You will get a whiff of her dreamy halo the moment you talk to her, the solitude within your heart evaporating, condensing in the form of a blissful rain that lazily penetrates the pores of your arid heart.

"Are you real?" I asked her once. She smiled in response.

Often I have been enamored by her beauty. The distinct radiance emanating from her silken smile does more harm than good. It makes me lose my memory, and deviates me from the chain of thoughts that I had weaved all this while, leaving me blank and clueless. Like an idiot, I just stare at her, and she, making a mockery of my distressed state, laughs, knocking me over further.

Irrational relationships are undefined. Our friendship do not boast of years of togetherness, neither scores high in compatibility parameters. We are different in many ways, yet bound by a unique, unseen commonality that helps us wade through sullen climate and rejoice the happy ones.

We had our shares of rough weathers too; often falling prey to misunderstandings that nullify our senses and vacate the emotions in our hearts. We have fought, cried, and avoided each other. Yet, this inexplicable bond brings us back to normalcy all the time. We acknowledge the faults, and we continue being in this camaraderie.

In ways more than one, she is special. Very special.

At times when I am low, I give her a call, and her soft whispering voice soothes my soul. I realize then that all problems can be overcome if she is there with me, holding my hands.

Trust me, she is nothing short of an enigma, perhaps more angelic than human. You will get a whiff of her dreamy halo the moment you talk to her, the solitude within your heart evaporating, condensing in the form of a blissful rain that lazily penetrates the pores of your arid heart.

And it is then that I know - "I am blessed."



This Micro-Fiction is shared with Three Word Wednesday.



23 comments:

  1. Wonderful narration.The story is very absorbing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay enarmoured ... for as long as you can ... it's a niche place to be ... Mr. G ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im dropping by after a long time..n im pleased.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it sounds like someone is in love :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome..gosh, you are a mind-blowing writer ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely.. Beautifully written..!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was really really beautiful. And no wonder. You are truly blessed with words!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love is a very complex emotion and is a blessing indeed!! Superbly penned Amrit:)

    ReplyDelete