Saturday, May 10, 2014

Vengeance

you burn, cry, and raise a hue
and then you wage a battle of moral
maligning my words, I always knew
hey wait, I am not here to rest on your laurel

if you wanna play the game
you got to play it fair
else, you can always walk in shame
and do keep in mind, I don't care

vengeance, if that's what you say
ignore, why should I waste my time on this
better you strut your very own way
and in your absence, I will live in bliss


This Poem is shared with Three Word Wednesday - Burn, Hue, Moral.



29 comments:

  1. Wow. Power and raw emotion. Brilliantly penned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Applause Amrit!.
    Vengeance should be asked to strut away as it is not worth wasting time and peace on plotting something evil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not here to restore your laurel... great line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the absolutely best decision to make! This was a very nice read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done. Sometimes it is a wise thing to walk away...
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'I don't care' - that is indeed the right attitude to have with people like these. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your tone and attitude in this poem! Great one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Powerful, brutal, and full of attitude. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ah i dont know if fair has a place in the game of game you know
    it seems it is all in the hands of the one willing to make the rules...
    smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps ... but dignity should be maintained :-)

      Delete
  10. Yes,Amrit,better if we ignore vengeance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Does not sound like a good match. Split is the answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes splitting is the best answer :-)

      Delete
  12. Oh yeah! Bliss in someone's absense, I know that feeling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!! What a way to send the message out with a vengeance, loved the tempo of the word flow Amrit.

    ReplyDelete