Sunday, August 13, 2017

Watermelon Diaries - Episode Seven

(Image Source: https://www.pinterest.com/)


Click To Read Episode Six


Cats have always been sinister, spreading notoriety with their nine lives, but today, I was grateful to them.

"Here, check this out," my feline inmates pointed towards a brick in the wall. It looked ordinary, like all the other grayed out bricks, but it turned out to be different when one of them walked towards it and said "Meow!"

Instantly, the brick disappeared, leaving an opening, wide enough for me to get out.

"H...how did you do this?" I was shocked. This was magic!

"We cats can do anything. Now go. It's late in the night, and this opening leads to a tunnel straight out of the prison compound. You will escape unhurt."

"But how did the brick disappear?" I asked, dazed, "and why are you still staying in prison when you can move out any time?"

"You ask too many questions," the older one said exasperated. "Who said we are stuck here all day and night? We go out whenever we want, and return when we are hungry and need some safe place to rest. And regarding our magic, well this is your story. Let our story be part of another diary. Now go, go, run."

I leaped out of the opening, through the tunnel, and within a few minutes, was breathing the fresh aroma of freedom. I relieved myself behind a dense bush, and closed my eyes. It was dangerous to wander in this dark, and I thought it would be best to wait till day break. I yawned, my eyes droopy, and I slept.

I dreamt of all things weird. There were butterflies hovering over my head, laughing at me, and then suddenly they turned into watermelons. One, two, three, the watermelons dropped over my head.

"Ouch!" I woke up. The sun was high. Probably I had slept for too long, something which my tired body desired. Now was the time to spring back into action. I had to find the culprit.

I licked my paws, and ran across the streets.


Click To Read Episode Eight



2 comments:

  1. What a splendid turn, and a delight to read. Thanks for sharing and greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, cat here, how are you? It has been a very long time ... Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete